Our Statement of Privacy and Security (this "Statement") outlines how Logitech Europe S.A. uses and protects your personal information collected by our products, services, apps, software and devices that refer to this statement. Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice, personal data is treated in accordance with the Logitech Website Privacy Statement.
Our Statement explains the types of data we collect, how We use and protect it and how We provide you access and control. We have created summaries for you to obtain an understanding quickly but you can expand each section if you'd like more information on a particular area.
The product-specific details sections provide additional information relevant to particular Logitech products. This statement applies to the products listed below, as well as other Logitech products that display this statement.
Please take the time to review this page and contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
If you would like to report any security issues in any of our products, please submit your vulnerability report using Logitech Product Security Incident Response Team via the secure submission form, which can be found at Logitech Security.
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing and Disclosure
- Controlling and Accessing Information
- Protection of Information
- Storing and Processing Information
- Changes to this Statement
Collection of Information
The data we collect helps our products and services operate effectively and improve them and we collect it in a variety of ways including:
- Information you provide to us - This includes data you enter, including data you may register and personal information you may provide when you download software, register and set up new products, respond to a survey or enter a contest.
- Information from the use of products and services - When you use products and services certain data may be sent to us such as your hardware model, firmware and operating system version, unique device identifiers and IP address/location information. Other times, We may collect data based on your activities including, your settings and configurations, usage data, and crash or error data.
The data you may submit or we may collect depends on the products, features and services you use, events to which you may participate and/or interactions you may have with us. This data can include the following:
Name and contact data. Data such as first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data may be collected.
Credentials. You create passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data. We may collect data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
Payment data. Data may be necessary to collect in order to process your order if you make purchases through our website, such as your shipping address, products ordered, and contact information. We do not collect payment information (i.e. credit card number). Purchase transactions are conducted through secure affiliates.
Usage data. We may collect data about how you and your device interact with us and our products. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We may collect data about the features you use, actions you take, and activities you perform. This can include button presses, interactions with an app, or time spent listening to a speaker.
- Device data. In order to provide some services, we may collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device. It includes device identifiers, and regional and language settings.
- Other product data. In order for some products and services to work optimally, We may collect information from other devices and software. For example, stereo, home automation, and television product information as well as cable provider information to integrate them with a Harmony remote may be sent to us.
- Error reports and performance data. We may collect data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions. Depending on your product and settings, error reports can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Support Data. When you engage the Company for support, We may collect data about you and your hardware, software, and other details related to the support incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your communications with support, data about the condition of the machine and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, and system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations.
Interests and favorites. You may be asked to submit data about your interests and favorites, such as the music preferences, programmed activities or routines, channels and radio stations, and services you use.
Contacts and relationships. We may collect data about your contacts and relationships if you use a product that supports multi-user, community and sharing functionality.
Logitech Accounts. Some products utilize a Logitech account which helps to optimize your product experience. For example, it enables improved personalization and allows you to save and recall settings, configurations, history that may have been performed in the past. When you create a personal Logitech account, we collect certain personal data and assign a unique ID number to identify your account and associated information. When you sign into your Logitech account, We may collect data related to your session including a record of your sign-in, which includes the date and time, information about the product you signed into, the unique number assigned to your account, and a unique identifier assigned to your device, your IP address, and your operating system and browser version. In general, when you sign into your account, you will stay signed in until you sign out.
Location data. Various products use location data for purposes such as time/date and language preferences. Data we may collect about your location can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be your home or work address information or Global Position System (GPS) data, we may collect when you enable location-based products or features. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your Wi-Fi or IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or regional level.
Content. We may collect information related to the content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the products you use. We also may collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Use of Information
We use the data we collect for two purposes, described in more detail below:
- to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the products we offer, and
- to send communications, including promotional communications, account information, security updates and product information.
In carrying out these purposes, We may combine data, including personal information, we collect to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. For example, we may combine your customized preferences from your Jaybird headphones to your new Ultimate Ears speaker so you it can speed up your setup time.
Providing and improving our products and services.
We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential operations. This includes operating and utilizing the products, maintaining and improving the performance of the products, and using data to develop new features, perform research, and provide customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Product or Service. We use data to ensure our products operate as intended and in accordance to expectations. Those products may include personalized features and recommendations that enhance your productivity and enjoyment, and tailor your product experiences based on your activities, interests and location.
- Customer Support. We use data to diagnose product problems, repair customers' devices, and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product Activation and Registration. We use data, including device and application version, location, and unique device, network and identifiers to activate and register products.
- Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities, such as using error reports to improve security features, using usage data to determine what new features to prioritize, or activity data to improve efficiency.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our users, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. For example, We may use data to determine which products need security patches or analyze patterns in data that allow us to develop additional security features.
- Business Operations. We may also use anonymous and aggregated data to create statistics and analysis for various business purposes. For example, financial and product reports are created to determine performance in a given sector or region.
Marketing. With your consent, we use data collected to communicate information that may be of interest to you, including new product features or releases as well as promotions and announcements.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We do not share, trade, rent, sell or otherwise disclose our customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. We may share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. For example, We share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you send data to a friend or link accounts with another service. In addition, We share personal data among Logitech-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries and when required by law.
We share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose to another business entity should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity; this may include any organization involved in a merger, transfer, or sale of our assets or business.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
- protect your or our legal rights or as required by law or orders from courts and government entities.
When we transfer European citizen personal data from the European Economic Area to other countries, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including model contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data. Please visit additional information on our data processing practices for EU residents.
Except as set forth above, We will not disclose your personal information to any third party, including advertisers, without your explicit consent.
Information You Provide Third Parties. We are not responsible for any information provided by you to third parties, and such information is not subject to this Privacy Notice. You assume all privacy, security and other risks associated with providing information, including personal information, to third parties. For a description of the privacy protections associated with the providing information to third parties, you should refer to the privacy policies, if any, provided by those third parties.
Controlling and Accessing Information
You have the ability to direct us to update or delete/deactivate certain information pertaining to you. You can also request removal of your personal information from the blog, community forums or other public areas within our control. If we cannot remove some personal information, we will let you know why. You may stop the delivery of marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email received or at the subscription management page on our Site.
We will respond to your request to review the information We have on file for you within 30 days from receiving such request.
We provide you the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your personal information used for certain purposes whenever We ask for this information. If you have questions, comments or would like to make a request regarding your data or our Statement and practices, please contact us at support.logitech.com/response-center or through the following methods:
Phone: +1 510-795-8500
Postal Mail: Logitech Privacy Officer, 7700 Gateway Blvd., Newark, CA 94560 USA
If you are not satisfied with our response you can refer your privacy complaint or dispute to the relevant state or national data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Protection of Information
We are committed to the protection of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures, including SSL encryption, to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Storing and Processing Information
Personal information collected by us may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country Logitech or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Changes to This Statement
We will occasionally update this Statement. If there are material changes to this Statement or to how We will use your personal information, We will prominently post the changes prior to implementing them. In any case, We will not make any changes that are less protective of your personal information collected in the past without your consent.
We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how We are protecting your information.
Thank you for your interest in us and our products.
This Privacy Statement is effective April 1, 2018.
Circle Camera and Related Products
Circle Activation and Registration
To activate and register Circle, you provide certain information to Logitech to create an account by providing an active email address and username. You may also be required to manually enter your first and last name, email address, credit card (if you subscribe to premium services), password, camera name, and camera settings.
Circle also offers activation and registration through third-party open authorization (OAUTH) services, such as Facebook, so you can share clips you’ve selected to that service.
Circle Video and Audio Recordings
When you use Circle and its Services, our servers automatically receive, record, and process data necessary to provide the service as well as information from the devices you use to view or listen to the data, including:
- Video and audio recordings
- Device-specific information such as hardware model, operating system version, device identifiers such as MAC address, mobile network information, or router name
- Service event logging information
- Time and date of service use
- On/off, and other interaction with the Product
- Crashes, system activity, hardware settings
- Geo-location information, including time and date of Service use (when Device location services are enabled)
Logitech has designed Circle so that no Logitech employee, contractor or affiliate can access individual user video/audio content. Circle may send anonymous information to an analytics tool, including time stamps, transmission statistics, feature usage, performance metrics, errors, etc. We use the anonymous information to provide the Service to you, to enhance and improve the Service for you and other users, and to provide enhanced features, technical support and information to you.
Circle has many robust features that, if enabled, require us to collect and analyze data intelligently in order for them to work. For example, Smart Location automatically detects when you leave the house or come home and Smart Alerts intelligently analyze motion to make sure you only get relevant alerts.
Circle Security and Storage
Logitech Harmony and Related Products
As part of providing you these products and services, Harmony collects information such as your name, email address, country of residence, and security question responses, when you activate and register. Harmony also offers activation and registration through third party open authorization (OAUTH) services, such as Facebook.
Harmony Custom Experience
Harmony enables you to easily control and create activities or routines that combine commands from multiple devices. Adding other information about your entertainment and home automation devices (brand and model numbers), activities you choose to program (i.e., Watch TV, Listen to Music, etc) and any specific settings you adjust as part of setting up your product (e.g., customizing buttons) improve your experience. For example, you may actively provide the following: your zip or postal code, your TV service provider and your preferred TV channels, shows and/or programming genres. You will know what you submit in each case, because you will manually enter the information.
When you use your Harmony product, our servers automatically receive and record information regarding the use of your product, including:
- Location information and IP address
- Data related to when you access our online software, such as the features you access and when you sync your remote
- Data related to the discovery of devices in your environment, and your use of product features, such as "help" button or "reboot" actions
- Anonymous information to an analytics tool, including feature usage, performance metrics, errors, etc.
Jaybird Products and Services
The Jaybird app allows a user to:
- customize the sound of their headphones ("Preset")
- update product settings, e.g. Bluetooth name
- record the location when their headphones were last connected ("Find My Buds")
- browse and use presets and Spotify Playlists ("Playlist") shared by other users
To backup presets and product settings, and/ or share selected content with other users, users must register for an account. When registering, Jaybird collects information including as your name, email address, personal image (avatar), current locale and password. Jaybird also offers registration through third party open authorization (OAUTH) services, such as Facebook, Google and Spotify.
When you use your Jaybird product with the app, or you use the app without a Jaybird product, our servers automatically receive and record certain information, including:
- product data, such as the model of your Jaybird headphones or the version number of the app
- data related to how you use the app, such as the features you access and when you connect your headphones
- data related to the discovery of devices in your environment, and your use of product features, such as "rename" action
- anonymous information to an analytics tool, including feature usage, performance metrics, errors, etc.
- location data for Find My Buds is stored on the mobile device and is not backed up to our servers.
When you have registered for an account, our servers receive and record additional information, including:
- current product settings, incl. name, button controls and voice prompt settings
- preset and playlist information
Ultimate Ears Products and Services
Ultimate Ears Mobile Functions and Customization
Users can customize their listening experience by configuring their devices using an Ultimate Ears application. These applications enable features such as pairing multiple devices, tap controls, and multi-user DJ functionality.
During this customization process, a user may be required to enter their name and contact information including an email address and password. However, no data is collected related to content choices a user plays using the device.
Ultimate Ears Integration with Other Services
Some Ultimate Ears devices have the capability of integrating with other third party services such as Amazon Alexa. These integrations enable users to perform many more tasks including streaming music, ordering goods and services, and asking for information.
To enable third party services, the user is required to enter the third-party account consent to third party terms and link with the Ultimate Ears device. Once the link has been made, Ultimate Ears devices can receive and pass information directly to the third party.
Ultimate Ears devices do not store any of the user command data that is passed from the user to the third party. Only data necessary to ensure the link between third parties and the user’s Ultimate Ears device is retained.
Custom In-Ear Monitors
We produce high end custom handmade in-ear monitors, such as our Ultimate Ears Pro Series, for professionals and serious audiophiles. When ordered, most Pro devices require user ear impressions either digitized or molds. This information is usually performed by a third party, an audiologist. Impressions are molds taken of your ear canal, and then produced through a 3D printing process which makes the fit better than ever. User impressions are retained in case of loss, re-ordering or if re-production is necessary or until a user requests that they be discarded.